Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All the build up to this race is the hard part.  The training is easy.  I have no idea what to bring, how to prepare, etc.  I'm glad the flight, rental, car, and registration is taken care of.  We had a lot of help and I feel so blessed to have great friends who support all this craziness.  I hope I can return the favor to so many good people. 
So Death Racers are now shuffling....there have been no emails, no idea what to bring, nothing.  Very different from what i have read about years past.  Either they are busy or this is part of it all.  Either way, I have to prepare as best as possible.  ill go get my pack this week and finish up some of the things I need for the race.  I only hope I don't buy things and then don't need them.  I am very worried about buying another pack and then I get some email with a gear list that is not adaptable to my pack.  I am not going to do anything fancy....Wal Mart or REI, under 50 bucks.  I think some over think it all or some under.  I plan to be in the middle....
Sunday I had a great run up to Canyon Park, through Sawpit Canyon, to Deer Park, and a little past White Saddle.  That was about as far as I have gone up the hill.  If I had more time or friends with me, I would have gone a lot further.  I felt good and had a lot more to give.  I estimate about 15 miles give or take, and enjoyed the uphill climb.  On my way down I gave myself a treat and ran through the Ben Overturff trail.  Its so amazing and beautiful up there...I wish I could share the experience.  The cold gets to me a little when you get that high up and you have a sweaty backpack on..... but I am addicted to trail running now, and love where I live!

Yesterday I got a good gym workout.  My shins hurt a bit and for the first time my knee bothered me a bit.  But I really do feel good overall and I am so dang excited about this thing and everything going on in my life.  I feel like the next chapter of my life is about to unfold...if only business were doing a bit better.....
Focus Chest and Triceps
3.5 Hours
Freemont Chest Press, Unsupported Chest Press, Freemont Fly, Pec Fly, Double Jump Rope Jumps, 2 Arm Tri Extension, 1 arm 1 leg tri push down
3x
4 Min. Elliptical, lat jumps 1 lap
4 Min Elliptical, Alligator Push Ups
4 Min Elliptical, behind the neck pull ups
4 Min Elliptical, 1 Leg Push Ups, side side push ups
DB Chest Press, BB Skull Crushers, DB Kickbacks, Incline Fly, Tri Ext, Jumping Jacks, Mountain Climbers
3x
7 Min Bike, 1 leg Push Ups, Pull Ups
2x
Tri Push Down, Close Grip Bench, Tri Overhead, Dips, Iso Behind the neck  Press, Jump over DB
3x
Sauna Stretch 7 Min
Sauna Work 23 Min, all abs and calves

No comments:

Post a Comment