Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This past weekend was a lot of fun.  It was good to get Trinity back out and at a race.  Tom, Yesel, and I ran the 7 mile Fountain to the Falls race in Monrovia.  It was fun to be able to run my home town, and saw several locals and several wrestlers out there.  For some reason I had a lot of pain and it caused me to slow down a lot.  I still somehow managed to finish in the front of the pack, I really think I could have been top 3 if I felt better.  But more important it was just fun to get out with the gang and run to the falls. 

I finally got in to see my new physical therapist.  They said I am weak in my glutes so i have some exercises to try and strengthen that.  My plan is to go through enough of this to get my butt to that farm and across the finish line.  That's all I care about.  Speaking of motivation...I keep missing an interview with Carrie for the Spartan Web Site.  We are on again tomorrow, so I look forward to talking to her what this race is about and what it means to me. 

I was reminded this is not about a finish.  This is about facing who you are.  This about adversity and what will you do when everything fails you.  How will you respond when things are at their toughest.  It doesn't matter finish or not...this is about a journey, being a part of something, and self reflection.  I plan to get my shoes blessed by Father Eugene the day I leave and if I finish I may just leave those shoes behind at the farm.  It used to be a wrestling tradition to leave your shoes on the mat when you retire.  I don't plan on retiring, just starting  a new chapter in my life.....and who knows....be a death racer every year or every other year.....

So yesterday I was realy feeling it!  Tom....check this bad ass day out..... (I admit I was a lot pushed by Yesel doing 5 fricking hours before me at her gym)


No Rest - GO, GO, GO.... all super sets, 3.5 hours

Warm Up and Physical Therapy Exercises (on band)

Reverse Pull Ups, DB Bench Press, Skull Crushers, DB Fly, Tri Extension Overhead DB, DB push Ups, 1 Leg Push Ups (each leg), 1 lap with 8lb Med Ball overhead, Jumprope
3x

8 Min Elliptical, Alligator Push Ups, 15 Med Ball Squat and thrust
2x

Incline Chest Press, 1 Leg 1 Arm Tri Extension, Fly, 2 Arm Tri Extension, Dips, Push Up Burpies with Jump, Unsupported Press
3x

5 sets of stairs, 50 Push Ups, 5 Laps, 10 Pull Ups
4 sets of stairs, 40 Push Ups, 4 Laps, 10 Pull Ups
3 sets of stairs, 30 Push Ups, 3 Laps, 10 Pull Ups
2 sets of stairs, 20 Push Ups, 2 Laps, 10 Pull Ups
1 sets of stairs, 10 Push Ups, 1 Laps, 10 Pull Ups

Tricep Press, Chest Press, Abs, Dips, Abs, Plank, 3 Sets of Stair Jumps
3x

15 Min Sauna Stretch and Physical Therapy Exercises (on band)
12 Min Sauna Cardio

5 Min Jacuzzi relax

OK....i really attacked it yesterday....

No comments:

Post a Comment