Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Its truly amazing the highs and lows of this journey.  Its really hard to explain at times, and I almost hate going through it.  I put myself out there and don't like feeling so self centered....its just such an amazing journey.  This has been such an incredible journey physically, emotionally, physically, and even financially.  I feel like my whole life I have worked my tail off to try and reach the ultimate.  I missed a state championship, placing in the top 5 of my marathons, being a Spartan Champion, I feel like I have always gotten close but just never been able to sit on that top podium.  But most people get one shot, one chance, to do something extraordinary to them.  This is my opportunity and I am enjoying every second of it.  The pain, the struggle, the sacrifice, all for one moment.....  Life is short, I plan to make the most of it. 
I feel great that Yesel is able to share this journey with me.  I got a rush this morning seeing her pics up there on the Spartan Facebook page, and the attention and admiration she received...it must have felt good.  It feels good to do this with friends.  Having Al call me up and making the flight, the encouraging words from Craig a person who has achieved greatness, my cousin Amy and the excitement of the boys who are coming to cheer, my uncles emails of encouragement, Sindy always being in my corner and looking to come up, Tom with just everything he does, my family who may not understand but sure send me their love, talking to other death racers,  Carrie Adams and her infectious enthusiasm, becoming a spartan promoter, Spencer and his unconditional support of 25 years, the random people who email me or fb to ask me questions about this, the people in the gym who think I am a freak, and most important my daughter who is the light of my life and heart.  Those are the things that are going to push me through this....I only hope some day i can begin to repay these people. 
Craig did remind me of one thing.....I need to go up there to win this thing.  If I don't, or I fall after an hour, or I finish 23rd, then so be it, but he is right..... no one is any more deserving than I am.  My ultimate goal is to cross 1st and 2nd with Yesel with my support crew there.  I envision that moment and it makes me overwhelmed with emotion already!  But I have killed it to get her.  This has been a lifetime of work to reach this level.  And I am there.....I am at another level that i may or may not reach again.  But this is my heavyweight title shot, my chance at greatness....I plan to kick the absolute shit out of that farm.......

Here are some of my recent workouts.....take this Death Race.....

All super sets no rest each rep 10-20 xs...
Workout #1
limited on time so this only had one circuit...
2 Leg Squat, 1 Leg Squat, Seated Calf, Butt Blaster, Medine Ball Squats, 1 Arm 1 Leg Curl, Preacher Curl, Jump Rope, Wood Chop
3x
3 Min Elliptical - 100 Push Ups
3 Min Elliptical - 100 Mountain Climbers
3 Min Elliptical - 100 Jumping Jacks
3 Min Elliptical - 100 Yes Nos
3 Min Elliptical - 100 Box Jumps

20 Min HARD Cardio in the trainer room - Non stop mixing up all exercises in 1 minute intervals

36 Min hard carido in Sauna

Workout #2
Reverse Pull Ups on triceps, Pull Ups, DB Kickbacks, Close Grip Bench Press, DB Fly, Tri Extension overhead DB, Dips, DB Overhead on Chest, Jump Rope, Plank
3x

4 Min Elliptical, 100 Push ups
4 Min Elliptical, 100 Incline Sit ups
4 Min Elliptical, 100 Box Jumps
4 Min Elliptical, 100 Mountain Climbers

Incline DB Chest, Skull Crushers, Incline DB Fly, Weighted Bench Dips, Situps, One Leg Push Ups, Lat Push Ups, 50 Jumping Jacks, 50 Lat Jacks, Incline Chest Press
3x

8 Min Hard Sauna Cardio - 4 Laps in Pool
4x

Workout #3
Limited on time :(
DB curl, BB Curl, Iso Db Curl, Row, Good Morning, Pull Ups, Lat Pull Down, Side Step one lap, Stair Jumps(3), Db Row
3x

2 Min Elliptical all out (i went so fast the machine shut down :) ) - Incline Push Ups
2 Min Elliptical all out Sit Ups
2 Min Elliptical all out Dips
2 Min Elliptical all out Jump Rope
2 Min Elliptically all out Pull Ups

Cable Curl, Cable Cross Over Curl, Iso Curl, Tri Push Down, Low Back, Lat Low Back, Plank, Row, lat pull down, seated row, row on delts
3x

hard sauna cardio 28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment