Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This is not a game and Im not playing.....

Its amazing what a new pair of shoes can do for me!  I am starting to feel like I am pushing it to another level, however, I do pay for it when I get home.  I feel faster, lighter, and stronger than any time i can remember in my life, however, I feel my age when it comes to recovery time. 

I love the feeling I get when I train.....I get to the gym, put on my armor, slip up my shin guards, grab my baseball, stretch, and slip away in the shuffle ipod.  I feel like a different person when I am training.  I feel strong, elite, and its a bit of a rush.  I crash pretty hard when I get home, but I am really enjoying this.  I am already wondering what will be next.  I have to think of the next big thing to plan....the life of an endurance athlete is somewhat lonely because most don't understand, but the one thing I share with the other athletes I talk to is the rush to keep pushing and find the next big challenge. 

This is not a game, and I'm not playing......

All circuits each rep is 10-18 sets.  Moving fast....
Target legs and shoulders 3 hours
2 Leg Squat, Cable Military Press, 1 Leg Squat, 1 Arm 1 Leg Shoulder Press, Plate Rotator, Butt Blaster, Jump Rope
3x
3 Stairs, 3 Laps, 18 Pull Ups
3x
Seated Calf, Power Clean, Lat Lunges, Shoulder Raise BB, Plank 1.5 min, Run w/20 lb. weight overhead, Behind the neck pull ups
3x
7 Min Elliptical, Jump Rope, Alligator Push Ups
2x
BB Military Press, Incline Squats, 1 Leg Lunges, Shoulder Raise, Jumping Jacks, Lat J.Jacks, Incline Sit ups, Mountain Climbers, Calves
3x
Jumprope
Sauna Stretch 8 Min.
Sauna Cardio hard 20 Min.

Take that Death Race

Yesterday I was rushed to make the boot camp.  I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have to rush to make class.  I only got an hour in at the gym

Target Chest and Triceps
Incline Bench, DB Flies, DB Overhead, DB Kickback, Jump rope, Incline Situps, DB Pushups, Dips
3x
Elliptical 7 Min, Reverse Pull Ups on Triceps
2x

Boot Camp
Warm Up run
Circuit jumping over wall, lat side steps, fast feet
2x
Stairs - 5 Min. dips, then Pushups up the stairs, squats on the way down
5 Min. Speed Stair Work
5 Min Lunges with Med Ball and Med Ball throw Squats
A little extra work in. 

The more I sweat in training the less I bleed in the Death Race

No comments:

Post a Comment