Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Got 4 days in the gym this week and a good run up Canyon Park on Saturday.  I am hoping to hit 4 days a week in the gym, 3 is the minimum.  Things are getting close so the workouts have to pick up.  Time, stress, whatever cannot get in the way.  If you want something bad enough you can make anything happen...my years as a coach taught me that.  It can all be balanced, and I feel good about my current balance of life, work, family, training, and church.  I would like to do more workouts with my partners in crime, Tom and Yesel, but either way...... its getting close and the time is here to pick it up.  We need to peak in May and taper off in June. 

I have begun to purchase some things we may need for the race.  My plan is to run the entire thing with Yesel as the most successful ones seem to be in pairs.  I think if you have support and someone to lean on that's what really helps the most.  Its not about winning, its about finishing...i plan to finish with my friend.

I am very happy to live up near Canyon Park :)  How lucky am I to live so close to the mountains?  Its great, and love the area.  This weekend I did an early run through the Ben Overturff Trails up to Deer Park about 2800' elevation.  Its a great loop with a ton of hills....I'm actually still soar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment