Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It was good to get back to boot camp, and see everyone.  Great bootcamp, with more people showing up!  Tom and Yesel did a kick ass 14-15 mile hike that morning, and yet Yesel was still out there running the bleachers with everyone.

I reminded myself yesterday of what this is and what it is all about...This journey is very much like that of a wrestlers which is why I think i relate so well and why I can challenge myself in ways most wont....its just my background, my training, my programing.  But what I reminded myself of is that it is very lonley being a wrestler, or extreme athlete.....most everyone will not nor does not understand what you are doing, what it means to you, and why you push yourself over the top.  Family, friends, support, work, most everyone will not understand and that at times can make you question what you are doing.  The trick is to rememeber that what you are doing is extrodinary, and they wont understand so you have to be strong, stick to the journey, and not let anything stand in your way.  This thing is getting so close, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....so I may go into my own private little world if necessary....but so much has happened and I have to remind myself why I am doing this, the personal reward, and the fact that the finish line is near. 

That said, Tom asked me what my piece is that I am missing to this training....and the truth is while I kill it in the gym, the main thing is keeping stress level down, and long endurance training on the weekend.  I am hoping to get back to it with Tom and Yesel, but if time wont allow, I am going to have to figure out how to push myself.  I may do a long run this saturday morning through the mountains.  I should go to REI and pick up some things to get me through those types of runs.... I watched an episode the other night of "I shouldnt be alive" where this guy gets lost in the mountains as he went on a hike by himself. 

SO.......

Yesterday I didnt keep record of my gym workout, but it was something like....
seated Calf Raise, JumpRope, Shoulder Raise, Butt Blaster, Squats      3x
Elliptical 6 Minutes, 50 Push Ups     2x
Reverse Squats, BB Military Press, DB Shrugs, Arm Raise, 1 lap with 10 lb weight, 10 pull ups   3x
Bike Hills for 15 Min
DB Military Press, Seated Calf Raise, Plate Rotators, Plate Shurgs, Lunges, 100 Jumping Jacks

I know I am leaving something out.....but then some stretching in the sauna and boot camp.

The Bleacher Push Ups was a  new one!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment