Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Super Sparatan

This past few weeks have been tough with moving and all.  But this weekend we did the super spartan.  Some of my old teammates made out with Yesel and Tom also.  It was a blast.  Very cold, even light snow, under 40.  I really had some self doubt going into it.... but I really feel like these adventure races are where it is at.  I have almost no desire to run a full marathon anymore.  More of these races, challenges, weekend runs, and some future big events like Alcatraz, Ironman, Badlands...etc.  I need a real serious challenge at this point. 
The race was cold as hell!  We all started with freezing wet muddy feet, ran through the lake, got hosed, ran some insane hills, slipped down the side of a mountain, jumped through tires, over walls, scaled walls, threw spears, leaped up a 20 foot wall, wrestled Spartans, solved a Rubik cube, carried buckets of water through tires, hosted up bricks, jumped fire, it was fun!!!

I am a little worried, that I finished in 1:22 and I am still soar.  I really need to pick up the training the next few months.  Yesel and I MUST do some longer workouts.  So I'm thinking getting my friends, Spencer, Garrik, Tom, even Pat for some bike rides to push us through but we just keep doing all sorts of crazy added stuff.  After this weekend I should finish my move and every weekend will be a killer workout.  Yesel and I must stay focused and must train hard.  I'm thinking of 5-10 hour hike/jogs/cycying, swimming, wood chopping, etc.  Things must pick up if I am to last 5 hours of the death race!  I need to respect this thing a little more....

No comments:

Post a Comment