Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If he can do it, whats my excuse?

Every day I go to the gym, there is a guy who always goes out of his way to say hello to me.  I cant recall his name, but he watches me train.  The guy who is in his late 50's is always on the stationary bike for hours, killing it.  As I run around the gym, he always gives me a big smile, and sometimes cheers from a far.  Ill hear a "YeeeHeeee" as I go sprinting by and I know its that crazy guy.  If I pass him, he gives me a fist pump, and a YeeeHeeee.  He always has the biggest warmest smile as if nothing bothers him.  Sometimes as he leaves I try to stop and talk to him as he waits for his Taxi (he cant afford a car).  Our conversations are always a struggle but he is always smiling.

We struggle to talk because the man had a stoke and his speech is slurred.  In getting to know him I have found out that he once had a family and a great job.  That was before some sort of accident that took his left leg.  Next came a stroke.  There are some other injuries he suffers from, but I have not been able to ask.  This man inspires me to no end.  We all are so busy with our daily problems, the grind, traffic, what a friend said, whatever....and yet he gets up every day, calls his taxi, and comes to the gym with a huge smile and encouragement for all.  If he can do that every day, then I can carry wood in VT for 30 hours......

2-1-2011WOD

BB Curls, Iso Lat Front PUll Down, DB Curls, Jump Rope 4x
Run 3 Laps, 10 Pull Ups 3x
Iso DB Curls, T-Bar, DB Hammer Curls, Side Jumps 4x
Bike 15 Min
Arm Curls, 30 Inverted Weighted Sit Ups, Lat Pull Down, 50 J.Jack, 50 Side J.Jacks 4x
Heel Walk 60 sec. 2x
Sauna Stretch
Sauna Work - sit ups, wide grip push ups, bicycle kicks, yes nos, rope climbs, heel walks, lunges 3x
Jacuzzi

No comments:

Post a Comment