Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Monday, March 21, 2011

My New Back Yard!!

Friday had a good workout with my partner at the gym.  Got in legs and back with our usual super sets.  Lots of stairs, bicycle, sauna, the usual.  But always better to work out with someone than alone.  I look forward to my opportunity to work out with my friends :) 

Saturday was the best day.  I feel like i hit the jackpot.  I didn't realize that I just moved 1/2 a mile or so from Canyon Park.  I feel like the surfer kid who moved from Nevada to Sunset Beach!  I have always wanted to live next to mountain trails, and now I do!  I now have a good place to train, at home, and its exciting!!

So I started my workout with my new mauler and new tire (named the tire Joe).  Did 100 strikes.  Then jogged up the hill and found the trail Tom, Yesel, and I were looking at a few weeks back.  The trail took me right to the start of Canyon Park!!  I found a rock, carried it overhead for a little while, then jogged up the trail.  Found a few more rocks to add to the workout.  As I reached the falls (they were amazing as it had just rained the night before), I wanted to get more in.  So I did push ups and dips on a rock.  Then found a nice steep hill which I sprinted 5 times (more like crawling and falling).  Before I made the track back, I found a nice big log and named it Andy (probably weighed about 30 lbs.).  I wasn't sure how far I would get, but I threw it up on my shoulders and jogged back down.  I had a lot of strange looks and comments, my favorite was the Asian guy who said "hey you crazy. that too heavy".  I made 3 quick stops but made it down the trail!  It was most challenging crossing the river. 

Felt a little motivated knowing that I have all this available so close to home and some encouraging comments from on lookers.  At the bottom of the hill I did box jumps, ran with rocks, Lunges and Squats with rocks, push ups, squats, and a few hill sprints.  Ran back home, did another 100 Joe/Tire Strikes, then flipped the tire 200 times down my alley.  I have a new goal to get to the end of the alley!

I feel so lucky to have moved where I did.  Its beautiful, and perfect for a trail runner!  I hope I can get Tom and Yesel out perhaps next weekend for a run/training session by my house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment