Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back at it!

I really needed to get back to the gym.  I took some time off to prepare for the race and rest after.  I am hoping to get back to weights, I think I will be able to hit it hard after Feb (no more soccer).  But it was good to be back.  I also noticed that after running 2 laps my shin splints started to come back.  The single most important part of this training process is not getting injured.  So that means not over-training, which is hard for me and my partners in crime to do.  I am going to only run for a few weeks on the weekends with Tom and Yesel.  At the gym Ill rest my shins, swimming, cycling, etc in the meantime. 
I hope you two rest your injuries.  I know its hard, but sometimes your body needs to recover.  So try something new:)

Here was my workout....I think Tom will like this one....

Super Sets 4 sets of 12-18 reps
Chest and Triceps

Decline Bench - DB Kickbacks
     Ran 2 laps (hurt), 5 sets of stairs, 1 mile elliptical
Machine Flies - Tricep Press Down
     Bike 15 Minutes
DB Bench - Skull Crusher
     75 Mountain Climbers - 75 Jumping Jacks - 25 Burpies
Peck Fly (Cables) - Tri Push Down (Cables)
     1 Mile elliptical
Chest Press Machine - Arm Extension
5 Min. Sauna Stretch
15 Min Sauna Work.
     Sit Ups - Bench Push Ups - Calf Raise - Dips - Jump rope 3x

No comments:

Post a Comment