Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not Feeling it, but got through it....

I was really not feeling it.  I think I was feeling my "cheat meal" aka Del Taco more than anything.  But I did get through a pretty grueling workout....its getting tough to keep up with Tom and I am waiting to hear about Yesel's 3 hour daily routine....
Target Chest and Triceps
all sets of 4 with 10-15 reps each - 30 sec. rest.
DB Bench - DB Tri Extension on Back
DB Flies - Weighted Bench Dips
DB Pullover - DB Kickback
Chest Press - Tri Extension
Seated 2 Arm Tri Extension (Cable) - Pec Fly

So I wasn't feeling it, but I just got to going.....
I ran 10 sets of the stairs - 2 Min. Jump Rope - 1 Mile --------Did this 3x's or about 40 minutes.  Great workout!
Then I did my sauna stretch and sauna work - sit ups, squats, bench push ups, dips on bench - 3xs. Last set was really hard.  I had to leave the sauna a few times to catch my breath.

I really wanted to quit but then two things happened..... 1. I realized how competitive I am.  Every time I wanted to sit down I saw someone doing something and I had the desire to do more.  I really compete with myself, perhaps too much. 2. I looked around and realized the challenge of life is seeing how you will deal with adversity. I saw my friend with one leg, the guy I know with cancer, the guy going through the divorce, the guy who just found out he has diabetes, or even the buff high school kid hooked on roids....they have some sort of struggle and yet they all find time for themselves.  This race, this journey, is about me (and my friends) and our journey, our path, our time, to do something.  This is our shot to do something extraordinary.  I wont let a day pass without having an attitude of gratitude!

One more thing......why do all these old guys in the sauna have ring worm???People with ring worm should not go in the dang sauna!!

"Attitude is Everything"

1 comment:

  1. And one more thing.....I have really been feeling very skinny. I am in the best shape I have been in a looong time, but boy do I feel thinned out. I ran into my old marathon friend, and we discussed it. Its made me much lighter, faster, and an overall better athlete. At times however, I do miss the way the bulk looked. It plays with my mind a little. But I am excited to reach a new and never before reached fitness level.

    ReplyDelete