Click here for Expedition Impossible Audition Tape!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Post Buffalo Depression

Darren and Yesel rocked the Buffalo run!! Even though we all felt like we could have done better...Yesel and Darren really did an awesome job. Yesel said she was going to come home with a medal and did...second place in her age group!!!!! Darren blistered past me at the 7 mile mark as he was on the 10 mile mark and I was thinking Squirrel is rocking the bitch!! Darren ended up with a great time of 1:55 and 4th place in by far the most competitive division there is!! Great job guys!!

I won't even mention my performance it was so bad. Lets just say that if hit the wall or "bonking" is part of bein an athlete that I am well I am way cause that happened to me about mile 7 and it was tough sledding after that for sure. But I trudged on even though my quads, hammies and calves were screaming at me for all the pain they were in...you just keep going no matter what. Quitting not an option and even passing a few people the last miserable mile for me at that point was a little triumph, finishing the darn race became my goal after the "Wall" and "Bonk"!!

That being said and thoughrouly disgusted and disappointed I decided to get some sort of work out in today....I rode the stationary bike 40 minutes and swam for 30. I feel better now and look forward to another week of getting better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment